Configure SMTP settings
- Go to Administration > System Settings > SMTP.
Type the IP address or host name of your SMTP e-mail server. Include the port number if it's not the default port number.AWS throttles (rate limits) e-mail on SMTP's IANA standard port number, port 25. If you use AWS Marketplace, you may have faster alerts if you use SMTP over STARTTLS (secure SMTP) instead. For more information, see
Enter a "From" email address from which the emails should be sent.If you are using Amazon SES, the sender email address must be verified. To learn how to verify your email address in Amazon SES and view a list of addresses you’ve already verified, see http://docs.aws.amazon.com/ses/latest/DeveloperGuide/verify-email-addresses.html.
- Optionally, type a "bounce" address to which delivery failure notifications (DSN) should be sent if the alert emails can't be delivered to one or more users.
- If your SMTP mail server requires outgoing authentication, type the user name and password credentials.
- Select STARTTLS if your SMTP server supports the protocol.
- After you've entered the necessary information, click Test SMTP Settings to test the connection.