About DevOps, automation, and APIs
To support DevOps workflows, Deep Security offers APIs to automate, monitor, and manage security throughout the release lifecycle. (See Use the Deep Security API to automate tasks.)
The deep-security GitHub repositories contain the following useful scripts:
- CloudFormation templates for deploying Deep Security Manager to AWS.
- Configuration files that contain parsing logic, saved searches, and dashboards for monitoring Deep Security via Splunk.
- Bash and Powershell scripts for automating various Agent and Manager tasks.
Deep Security also offers many other ways to speed up the protection of your computers and other resources:
- Schedule Deep Security to perform tasks
- Automatically perform tasks when a computer is added or changed (event-based tasks)
- AWS Auto Scaling and Deep Security
- Use deployment scripts to add and protect computers
- Automatically assign policies by AWS instance tags
- Command-line basics
In addition, Deep Security provides the ability to forward events to SIEMs such as Spunk, QRadar, ArcSight, as well as Amazon SNS. For details, see: