Configure email notifications for alerts
Deep Security Manager can send emails to specific users when selected alerts are triggered. To enable the email system, you must give Deep Security Manager access to an SMTP mail server and select which alerts will trigger emails to which users.
- See Turn alert emails on or off to specify which alerts cause email notifications to be sent. For example, you can send email only for the most critical alerts. Most alerts send email notifications by default.
- See Configure an individual user to receive alert emails to configure user accounts so that they receive alert emails.
- See Configure recipients for all alert emails to configure Alerts to specify the email account of a user or a distribution list to which to send alert email. Email is sent regardless of the configuration of the user accounts.
The email system is set up to use SMTP by default.
- Go to the Alerts page and click Configure Alerts to display the list of alerts.
- A green check mark next to an alert indicates that it is enabled. An alert will be triggered if the corresponding situation occurs, and appear in the Deep Security Manager GUI. If you also want to receive email about the alert, double-click on an alert to display its Properties window, then select at least one of the "Send Email" check boxes.
- Go to Administration > User Management > Users and double-click a user account to display its Properties window.
- On the Contact Information tab, enter an email address and select Receive Alert Emails.
All alert emails will be sent to this address or addresses in a distribution list email, even if they have not been set up in their user accounts properties to receive email notifications.
- Go to Administration > System Settings > Alerts.
- For Alert Email Address - The email address to which all alert emails should be sent, provide an email address or a distribution list email address.
For more information about Alert types and Alert message details, see Alerts in Deep Security.