Error: Integrity Monitoring Engine Offline and other errors displayed after activating a virtual machine
The following errors are displayed in Deep Security Manager when activating a virtual machine protected by Deep Security Virtual Appliance (DSVA). These errors appears even when the activation is successful:
- Anti-Malware Engine Offline
- Rebuild Baseline Failure (Agent or Appliance error)
- Integrity Monitoring Engine Offline
The issue remains unresolved even when the following troubleshooting tasks are performed:
- Confirm that vSphere Endpoint is already installed.
- Confirm that VMware tools are installed and up to date.
- Confirm that VMCI and VSEPFLT drivers are installed and running on the VM.
- Synchronize vCenter on the DSM console.
- Deactivate and reactivate the DSVA.
- Deactivate and reactivate the particular VM with issue.
- Reinstall VMware tools.
These errors appear because the virtual machine is not running VMversion 7 or above. To resolve the issue, you need to upgrade the VM to the latest hardware version.