Activate the agent
Before the agent can protect its computer or be converted to a relay, you must activate the agent with Deep Security Manager. To do this, you can either:
- Create an event-based task ("Computer Created (by System)" event) to automatically activate computers when they connect to the manager or when the manager sync with an LDAP directory, cloud account, or vCenter. For more information, see Create an event-based task.
- Add virtual machines hosted on VMware vCloud
- Install the agent on a Microsoft Azure VM
- Manually add a computer
- On Deep Security Manager, go to Computers.
- Click Add > Add Computer to start the wizard.
- In Hostname, type the computer's domain name or IP address.
If you want the agent to start to protect the host computer using default settings now, then from Policy , select a Deep Security policy. (Alternatively, you can assign a policy later.)Many protection features are not applied by default policies. Review the policy's included protection settings, and adjust if required.
- If you have more than one relay group, then in Download Security Updates From, select which relay group the agent should use.
Click Next. The wizard will confirm agent activation and (if selected) apply a security policy. Finish the wizard.
- To verify that the agent is activated, go to Computers.. In the computer's Status column, it should display "Managed (Online)".