Deep Security 11.1 and higher have a new RESTful API that enables you to automate the provisioning and maintenance of security via Deep Security. Go to the Deep Security Automation Center to download the SDKs in the language of your choice and learn how to use the API:
- API Reference
- Task-oriented guides with ample code examples
- Support resources
The API is continuously updated with new features and improvements. When you start new automation projects, if the new API meets your needs you should use it to benefit from continued support and maintenance in the long term.
To get started with the API, see the First Steps Toward Deep Security Automation guide in the Deep Security Automation Center.
Legacy REST and SOAP APIs
The REST and SOAP APIs that were provided before Deep Security 11.1 have not changed. They have been deprecated, so new features will not be added but the existing API functionality will continue to function as usual.
Deep Security still includes the legacy REST and SOAP APIs. For guidance on using them, see the following guides on the Deep Security Automation Center:
The following sections explain how to use Deep Security Manager to accomplish tasks that are related to using the SOAP and REST API. For more information about when you need to perform these tasks, see the guides listed above.
To use status monitoring with the legacy REST API, you must enable it. The API is disabled by default as it does not require authentication.
- On Deep Security Manager, go to Administration > System Settings > Advanced.
- In the Status Monitoring API section, select Enabled, then click Save.
Create a Web Service user account
Create a role for Web Service-only access, and assign it to a new user.
- On Deep Security Manager, go to Administration > User Management > Roles .
- Click New.
- Deselect the Allow Access to Deep Security Manager User Interface check box and select the Allow Access to Web Service API check box.
- When all other configuration is complete, click Save.
- Go to Administration > User Management > Users and click New.
- Create a new user for use only with the Web Service API. Assign the new Role previously created to this user.
Make note of the new user account user name and password.