Deep Security 11.3
- Deep Security API updates: The Deep Security API now includes a Python SDK and the API reference includes Python examples. The API also introduces a new /roles endpoint. For more information, visit the Deep Security Automation Center.
- Upgrade on activation: Deep Security Manager 11.3 provides an option that instructs Deep Security Agents to automatically upgrade to the latest compatible version of the agent software when the agent is activated. For details, see Automatically upgrade agents on activation.
Upgrade on activation is initially supported for Linux platforms only (Windows and UNIX platforms are skipped when the feature is enabled) and is controlled through a global system setting.
- Seamless appliance upgrade: The appliance Service Virtual Machine (SVM) upgrade process has been simplified. You can now automatically upgrade the selected appliance SVMs and agents inside the VMware NSX for vSphere infrastructure. The new upgrade process reduces the complex steps required to upgrade manually. See Upgrade the Deep Security Virtual Appliance.
- Logging improvement: To help with troubleshooting and to allow for the correlation of events between the Deep Security Manager and the Deep Security Agent, you can now choose to include the time zone in events. See Forward Deep Security events to an external syslog or SIEM server.
- New agent platform support: Deep Security Agent 11.3 adds support for:
- Windows 10 version 1809 (RS5)
- Windows Server 2019
- Windows 10 Embedded (64-bit), Windows 8.1 Embedded (32-bit), and Windows 7 Embedded (32-bit). For important details about Windows Embedded support, see Supported features by platform.
The Deep Security Agent for AIX and Solaris have not been tested for use with this feature release. The AIX and Solaris platforms continue to be fully supported using Deep Security Manager 11.0 and will continue to be supported in the next major release (Deep Security 12.0). If you have AIX and/or Solaris platforms in your deployment, please continue to use Deep Security Manager 11.0.