Migrate from Deep Security Classic to Deep Security Metered Billing
Applies to Deep Security AMI from AWS Marketplace only
We strongly recommend that you back up your database before proceeding with the upgrade. Installations with embedded databases cannot be migrated from Deep Security (Classic) to Deep Security.
- Stop all existing Deep Security Manager instances by right-clicking on the instance from the AWS console and selecting Instance State > Stop.
Deploy a new instance of Deep Security Manager using the latest version from the AWS Marketplace.
You will not be able to launch the new Deep Security AMI until you have configured the AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) settings for the instance.
The new instance of the Deep Security Manager must either be configured for load balancing or have the same network address or DNS host name as the previous Deep Security Manager instance.
- After the instance is running go to:
https://<host or IP>:8080
enter the Instance ID, and click Sign In.
- Read and accept the terms of the license agreement on the License Agreement tab and click Next.
- Enter the configuration parameters of your existing Deep Security database on the Database tab and click Next.
- Click Upgrade on the Previous Version Check tab and click Next.
- On the Ports tab, type the host name or IP address of the computer where you are installing Deep Security Manager and click Next.
- Click Next on the Credentials tab.
- Review the installation settings on the Review Settings tab to ensure that they are correct and then click Install.
- Log in to Deep Security Manager and delete the computer records for any old Deep Security Manager installations by clicking the Computers tab, selecting the record, and clicking Delete on the toolbar.
- Delete old manager nodes by going to the Administration tab in Deep Security Manager, selecting Manager Nodes in the left-hand navigation menu, opening the Properties dialog for each old manager node (Status: "Offline (Upgrade Required)"), and clicking Decommission.
- Delete your old Deep Security Manager instances by right-clicking on the instance from the AWS console and choosing Instance State > Terminate.
The Deep Security Setup page appears.
The existing credentials will stay the same.
The Deep Security Status page will show that the Deep Security Manager is being installed. When the installation is complete, Deep Security Manager will be displayed.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions or encounter any issues.