Deep Security 10.3 has reached end of support. Use the version selector (above) to see more recent versions of the Help Center.
Deep Security Virtual Appliance memory allocation
The default configuration of the virtual appliance is to use 4 GB of RAM. If you expect to need more than the default 4 GB, you will need to modify the appliance's configuration. There are two options:
- Modify the configuration of the virtual appliance prior to being imported to Deep Security Manager and then to the vCenter, thereby setting the default configuration for all subsequent Deep Security Virtual Appliance service deployments in that vCenter.
- Modify the memory allocation of the virtual appliance on a cases by case basis after it has been imported to the vCenter and deployed as a service on a ESXi.
For information about the amount of RAM to allocate for virtual appliances, see Deep Security Virtual Appliance sizing.
Configure the appliance's memory allocation prior to deployment to the vCenter
To change the Deep Security Virtual Appliance's default memory allocation, you must edit the allocation settings in the Appliance's OVF file before it gets imported to the vCenter.
- Unzip the Virtual Appliance zip file you downloaded from the Trend Micro Download Center.
- Open dsva.ovf in a text editor.
- Edit the default memory allocation (4096 MB) to be appropriate for your environment:
<rasd:AllocationUnits>byte * 2^20</rasd:AllocationUnits>
<rasd:ElementName xmlns:rasd="http://schemas.dmtf.org/wbem/wscim/1/cim-schema/2/CIM_ResourceAllocationSettingData">4096 MB of memory</rasd:ElementName>
- Save the OVF file and return it to the zip package.
- On Deep Security Manager, go to Administration > Updates Software > Local and import the Virtual Appliance ZIP package.
Configure the memory allocation of an already deployed Deep Security Virtual Appliance
- In your VMware vSphere Web Client, right-click on the appliance and select Power > Shut Down Guest.
- Right-click on the appliance again and select Edit Settings. The Virtual Machine Properties screen displays.
- On the Hardware tab, select Memory and change the memory allocation to the desired value.
- Click OK.
- Right-click the appliance again and select Power > Power On.