Deep Security 10.1 has reached end of support. Use the version selector (above) to see more recent versions of the Help Center.
Install a vSphere Distributed Virtual Switch in your datacenter
See Deploy Deep Security for steps that you must perform before proceeding with the steps in this article.
To use Deep Security in a VMware NSX virtual network environment, your vCenter Server must use a distributed virtual switch (dvSwitch).
- In vSphere Web Client, go to your data center in your networking inventory.
- Right-click on the data center. Select New vSphere Distributed Switch to display the New Distributed Switch wizard.
- Select Distributed Switch Version: 5.5 or later.
- Type a name for the distributed switch a name. Select the number of uplink ports. Click Next.
- Select Add now and select one or more physical network adapters. Click Next.
- Select Automatically create a default port group, confirm your settings, and click Finish.
- Group your ESXi servers into clusters, even if you only have one ESXi in one cluster. The ESXi servers must be connected to the vDS before they are moved into clusters.